A Free, Fun-filled Learning Experience to Plan Your Future
Picture this: A Saturday where you can explore and plan your life after high school without spending a dime. Learn about college, career training, and other paths with your friends, families and classmates! Whether you're a student wanting to learn about your options or a family member wondering how to support your child's next steps, COLLEGECON has something for everyone.
This event is custom-made for families with students in grades 9 through 12. Seventh- and eighth-grade students with the College Bound Scholarship are also invited! This free event includes transportation, breakfast, lunch and childcare.
With 70% of new jobs in Washington requiring some form of education after high school, this is your chance to learn about the resources that will get you ready for the future you choose.
Discover, Explore, Plan Your Future
- Learn in interactive workshops exploring college and career options.
- Explore a resource fair to pick up materials and talk to representatives from Highline College programs and organizations
- Get the scoop on ways to make college more affordable for you with financial aid, including scholarships, grants, work-study and loans. Financial aid options are more flexible than you might think, covering a range of incomes. Even someone from a family of four making up to $112,500 per year can get some money to help pay for college or job training.
- Seniors can get one-on-one advice. If you have more questions than answers, this is the place to chat about your future with experts.
When, Where, Who
- Date: Saturday, December 2
- Time: 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Location: Highline College Student Union (Building 8), 2400 S 240th St, Des Moines, WA 98198
- Who: 9th to 12th-grade students and their families (even little ones, we have childcare arranged). Plus, 7th or 8th-grade students and their families who are part of the College Bound Scholarship program
We Made it EASY
Yes, we already said it’s FREE, but it bears repeating. You'll get FREE transportation to and from the event. Enjoy a FREE breakfast to fuel your morning (available until 10:00 a.m.) and a FREE lunch. Your little ones are also invited—we offer FREE childcare so you can soak up all the information.
Have Questions or Want to Learn More?
Visit our website, highlineschools.org/collegecon, for all the details. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions, to request interpretation support or need accommodations. Please submit any interpretation requests by November 17.